Nic asked 3 weeks ago

Mat, when my toddler is old/mature enough to do some sort of work and earn income, I intend to open a custodial Roth IRA account.
Until then, is there any reason I couldn’t open a custodial brokerage account in the name of the minor child (currently age 3) and contribute regularly to that? If I can do that, would there be any need to file tax returns as long as any dividend/growth/etc income is below the federal and state standard deductions?